(click mouse on above for image of our beautiful Baptismal Font)
Baptism at St. Thomas, Newhey
These usually take place on the third Sunday of each month at 12. 30pm
What is Baptism?
- It is the way we join the Christian Church.
- It is a sign of wanting to follow Jesus Christ and to be part of His family.
Is it only for babies?
- No it is for everyone who wants to be part of the church.
What do we promise?
- To follow Jesus Christ and to avoid what is wrong (sin).
- To trust God.
Can a baby make promises?
- No of course not! Parents and Godparents make the promises for the baby and for themselves.
What if Godparents can't honestly make the promises?
- They can be a sponsor instead and will only answer the questions if they choose but they will still be special to the baby.
What if we really just want to celebrate our baby?
- What a lovely thing to do!
( If this is the case please contact us for our Thanksgiving Literature.)